Last revised: September, 2022
- Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- Supplemental Disclosures and Rights Based on State Law
- International Users
- Contact Us
“Personal Information” or “Personal Data”: Information identifying, relating to or about an identified or identifiable individual, as described more fully in this Policy .
“Platform”: Our Website(s) and related functionality and online services, as applicable.
“Products”: Any products available for purchase on or through our Platform, or that we otherwise provide or sell to you.
“Services”: Any services provided through our Platform, which maybe for purchase at a charge, or included at no charge as part of our Platform, or that we otherwise provide or sell to you.
“Website[s]”: Our website[s] located at https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/.
“DVC Resale Market,” “we,” “us”: DVC Resale Market, LLC
Please refer to our Glossary for additional explanations of terms and phrases used in this Policy.
2. Personal Information
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably linked to such information by DVC Resale Market, such as information we associate with your DVC Resale Market account.
What types of Personal Information do we collect?
We collect and use Personal Information in order to operate and provide our Platform to you, including our Products and/or Services. You may provide Personal Information to us, and we may collect Personal Information from you automatically as you use and navigate through our Platform.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Information you provide to us. You may provide Personal Information to us through our Platform. For example, you may be able to register to use our Platform or create an account with us, which allows or requires you to provide certain information to us (e.g., contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc.). You may also be able to purchase Products or Services, or make payments to us, through our Platform. In these situations, we collect your credit card, debit card or other payment card information or bank or other financial account information. We use third-party payment processors to collect and process your payment information. You provide Personal Information and other information when you contact us through our Platform.
Information we collect as you use our Platform. We collect Personal Information and information about the computers, devices, browsers and your Internet activity as you use and interact with our Platform. The information we collect includes Unique Identifier, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, device type, crash reports, system activity, wireless carrier name (when you use a wireless or mobile device), and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
Online Activity. We collect information about your activity on our Platform, Internet, network, and other online activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Platform and other websites. We use various technologies to collect and store location information, including cookies, pixels or pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, session replay, and server logs.
Third Party Sources. In some circumstances, DVC Resale Market also collects information about you from publicly accessible sources. We may collect information about you from trusted partners, such as marketing partners who provide us with information about our potential customers, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against fraud and abuse of our Platform.
Why and how do we use your Personal Information?
Provide our Platform and Related Services. We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, supervise, administer, improve and enhance our Platform and related Services, features and functionality. We use your contact information to communicate and interact with you, such as to send you emails and text messages about our Platform. We use the IP address assigned to your device to send you the data you request to display on your device. We use unique identifiers stored in cookies on your device to help us authenticate you as the person who should have access to certain areas and features of our Platform. We also use your information to ensure our Platform is working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information for research and development for our business, and to make improvements to our Platform.
We use data collected from you and your devices for analytics and measurement to understand how our Platform is used. For example, we analyze data about your use of our Platform to do things like optimize product design. We use a variety of tools to do this, such as Google Analytics and similar third party online data analytics services.
When you purchase Products or Services from us, you may provide us information like your payment card or bank account information, shipping address or delivery instructions. We use this information for things like processing, fulfilling, and delivering your order, and to provide support in connection with the Products or Services you purchase.
We may also use Personal Information to:
- Carry out our legal and contractual obligations, and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, and subpoenas and to carry out our legal and contractual obligations.
- Authenticate use, detect fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of our Platform and the safety of others.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To provide you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters.
- Any other purpose with your consent.
Why and how do we share your Personal Information?
We share Personal Information with third parties under certain circumstances and for certain purposes described throughout this Policy, including:
- Service providers and other to operate our Platform and Services. We share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including providers and vendors we use for operating and maintaining our Platform, and its features, functionality and Services. These third parties include data hosting and data storage partners, analytics, ad network, advertising (including interest-based advertising), technology services and support, and data security.
- Our business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including providers and vendors we use for our business activities and operations generally, such as data hosting and data storage partners, analytics, ad network, advertising, technology services and support, and data security. We may also share your Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Information if you request or direct us to do so.
- Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- Business transfers. We may share your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users are among the assets transferred.
- De-identified information. We may also de-identified information, so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Your choices for how we collect, use and share your Personal Information.
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our certain uses and sharing of your Personal Information. As a general rule, you cannot opt out of our collection, use and sharing of Personal Information to the extent it is necessary to provide the Platform or related Services, features and functionality to you.
You can change the cookie settings that will be placed when you use our Platform by changing the settings on your Internet browser. You can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access or use all or areas and aspects of our Platform.
You can generally opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt out rights and options on the NAI website and DAA website.
If you do not wish to have your email address used by DVC Resale Market to send you advertising messages and content, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from us. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Platform.
How do I access and correct my Personal Information?
Access, Corrections and Deletion. In addition to any data access capabilities available through the Platform, please Contact Us if you have any questions about your Personal Information. Please inform us of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. You may also have certain deletion rights in accordance with applicable law. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Copies and Retention of Data. In addition to any capabilities available through the Platform, if you need to export or a copy of your data, please let us know and we will assist you with your request. We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it and applicable legal requirements. We may retain some data for longer periods of time than other data when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
3. Children’s Privacy
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on or to the Platform or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age whom you believe might have provided us with their Personal Information, you may Contact Us to request the Personal Information be deleted.
4. Data Security
We have taken steps and implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, intentional, unlawful, or unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, disclosure, or use. The Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet. Where you have been given or you have chosen a password, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential.
The sharing and disclosing of information via the internet is not completely secure. We strive to use best practices and industry standard security measures and tools to protect your data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to, on, or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Platform, in your operating system, or mobile device.
5. Supplemental Disclosures and Rights Based on State Law
In addition to the disclosures and rights set forth elsewhere in this Policy, you and other users may have certain rights based on applicable state law (e.g., California’s Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act). Other states have passed consumer privacy laws that may be applicable to DVC Resale Market and your use of this Site. These supplemental disclosures and rights apply to you and your use of our Platform to the extent applicable state law applies to DVC Resale Market and your use of our Platform. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your rights under applicable state law.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Personal information does not include information that is: (a) publicly available information from government records; (b) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or (c) certain information excluded from the scope of applicable state law (e.g., PHI covered under HIPAA and medical information may be covered under HIPAA and other state laws).
Categories of Sources From Which We Have Collected Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you, for example when you provide it to us, when you contact us through our Digital Services, when you create a DVC Resale Market account; and indirectly from you automatically through your computer or device as you use our Digital Services. We may also collect Personal Information about you from our advertising partners and service providers.
Use of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information
DVC Resale Market may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for one or more business purposes. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, such as to service providers, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Business Purposes
We may disclose your Personal Information for our business purposes, such as your contact information, other information you have provided to us and unique identifiers that identify you to us or to our service providers, such as companies that assist us with marketing and advertising. We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties such as our vendors, business partners, service providers, including companies that assist us with marketing and advertising.
Access Request Rights
You may have the right to request that DVC Resale Market disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months for the above business and commercial purposes. To submit an access request, see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights, below. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You may have the right to request that DVC Resale Market delete your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless certain exceptions apply.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-844-382-7767
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you or your authorized and legal representative authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable state law. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
6. International Users
DVC Resale Market is the data controller of the Personal Information you provide on the Platform and/or through the Services.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information.
We rely on your consent as a lawful basis to process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Initial collection of Personal Information through the Platform and/or the Services; and
- Providing you with marketing or promotional communications. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within the DVC Resale Market email updates and changing your contact preferences.
We also process Personal Information based on our contractual obligations to provide you the Platform and/or the Services as described in How do we share your Personal Information?, including:
- To enable the Platform to function as expected.
- To communicate with you in response to customer services inquiries, to deliver non-promotional, service-related emails, or to administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To tailor your experience based on your general region.
DVC Resale Market may also process Personal Information pursuant to a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We will process your Personal Information as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Information if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between DVC Resale Market and you; detect and correct bugs and to improve our Platform and/or the Services; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime; develop our Products and Services.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. DVC Resale Market and its Data Protection Officer may be contacted in any manner set forth below in Contact Us.
What rights do I have?
Individuals located in the EEA and other countries and jurisdictions may have certain rights with respect to their Personal Information. These rights include:
- Access and Update. You can review and change your Personal Information by notifying us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Information is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Information for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Information you provide DVC Resale Market is processed based on your consent or that we process it through automated means, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Information in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Information to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Information.
- Deletion / Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Information. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account, and we will only delete your account when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Information or after a final determination that your Personal Information was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to erase information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Information as set forth in this policy. In addition, we cannot completely delete your Personal Information as some data may rest in previous backups. These will be retained for the periods set forth in our disaster recovery policies.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods listed under Contact Us below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements. Please note that if you make unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access your Personal Information, you may be charged a fee subject to a maximum set by applicable law.
Automated Decision Making.
Our processing of Personal Information may include automated decision making, including profiling, which may produce a legal effect concerning you or similarly significantly affect you. The algorithms used for our automated decision making process classifies and categorizes your interests and preferences based on data collected by the Platform and Personal Information collected by the Platform.
8. Contact Us
DVC Resale Market, LLC
1921 Maguire Road, Suite 103
Windermere, FL 34786
Browser Web Storage enables websites to store data in a browser on a device. When used in “local storage” mode, it enables data to be stored across sessions. This makes data retrievable even after a browser has been closed and reopened. One technology that facilitates web storage is HTML 5.
A Cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
A Pixel or Pixel Tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking certain activity, such as views of a website or when an email is opened. Pixel tags are often used in combination with cookies.
An Application Data Cache is a data repository on a device. It can, for example, enable a web application to run without an internet connection and improve the performance of the application by enabling faster loading of content.
Interest-based Advertising is sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads. Interest-based ads are used to display features, products, and services that might be of interest to the user.
Server Logs. Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These “server logs” typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Session Replay provides the ability to replay a visitor’s journey on a web site or within a mobile application or web application. Replay can include the user’s view (browser or screen output), user input (keyboard and mouse inputs), and logs of network events or console logs. Session replay is used to help improve customer experience, analyze usability and help identify obstacles in conversion processes on websites. It can also be used to study a website’s usability, customer behavior, interests, and the handling of customer service questions as the customer journey, with all interactions, can be replayed. It can also be used to analyze fraudulent behavior on websites.
A Unique Identifier is a string of letters, numbers and characters that can be used to uniquely identify a computer, device, personal device, browser or app.
Different identifiers vary in how permanent they are, whether they can be reset by users, and how they can be accessed. Unique Identifiers can be used for various purposes, including security and fraud detection, syncing data from your device(s) to our Platform, remembering your preferences, and providing personalized advertising. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. See your browser documentation for additional information.
On other platforms besides browsers (e.g., personal devices), Unique Identifiers are used to recognize a specific device or app on that device. For example, a Unique Identifier can be used to provide relevant advertising on mobile devices, and can be managed in your device’s settings. Unique identifiers may also be incorporated into a device by its manufacturer (sometimes called a universally unique ID or UUID), such as the IMEI-number of a mobile phone. For example, a device’s unique identifier can be used to customize our Platform and Services to your device or analyze device issues related to our Platform and Services.