The Flower & Garden Festival Has Returned.
After two years of oddities and modifications, the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival has opened…and this time, we’re getting the real deal!
On March 4th, 2020, the Flower & Garden Festival debuted. At the time, we all expected another storied run for EPCOT’s oldest festival.
Alas, the following week, a basketball player touched some microphones, and the world shut down. Walt Disney World had to close through early July.
When the parks reopened that month, Disney had made the awkward but necessary decision to merge elements of Flower & Garden with the 2020 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
Park officials chose this route because the shrubberies were already up. Disney lacked the staff to take them down before the next event.
For the first and possibly last time ever, EPCOT guests in 2020 visited a combined version of two different festivals.
Disney called it A Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival to reflect the odd, limited nature of the event.
Last year, Flower & Garden returned to a closer version of past events. Still, it lacked several beloved amenities, most notably the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
Also, several pandemic-related health guidelines remained in place. So, everyone was masked up and wishing for nighttime fireworks that never came. And that brings us up to now…
The 2022 Festival: The Real Deal!
On March 4th, the 2022 version of the Flower & Garden Festival opened at EPCOT. I am thrilled to tell you that this one is the real deal.
We aren’t discussing any half-measures or the like. In fact, Walt Disney World just altered its face-covering policy. So wearing a face mask is optional now.
Friends, we have effectively reset the clock to 2019, a blissful time before anyone knew what COVID-19 meant.
From now through July 4th, we can enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival the way we always had before the pandemic. It’s glorious!
Here’s 4K WDW video of the various topiaries on display at EPCOT for the next three months:
At the 5:40 mark, you’ll notice something you haven’t seen before. It’s the new Blossoms of Fragrance display.
Disney wants you to “follow your nose and form lasting memories with the help of fresh, unforgettable fragrances!”
Scentsy sponsors this booth, which makes it an ad of sorts, and I’m sneezing already at the thought of it. Still, it’s visually stunning and smells like cinnamon. What’s not to love?
Also, in case you’re wondering, the Butterfly Tent is back for 2022! That’s always one of my favorites.
Finally, although Harmonious isn’t technically a part of this festival, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention it.
A festival without nighttime fireworks somehow feels incomplete. Thankfully, Harmonious is here to provide that kiss goodnight for your perfect park visit.
The Outdoor Kitchens
Of course, what matters the most at the festival is now and always will be the Outdoor Kitchens. The food and drinks are what bring us back to EPCOT festivals.
Here’s the list of 2022 Outdoor Kitchens:
- Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market – Germany Pavilion
- Cider House – Located Near the United Kingdom Pavilion
- The Citrus Blossom – Near Port of Entry
- EPCOT Farmer’s Feast – Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet®
- EPCOT Sunshine Griddle – Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet®
- Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth – Between Imagination! and Refreshment Port
- Fleur de Lys – France Pavilion
- Hanami – Japan Pavilion
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board® – Near Port of Entry
- Jardin de Fiestas – Mexico Pavilion
- La Isla Fresca – Between Morocco and France
- Lotus House – China Pavilion
- Magnolia Terrace – American Adventure Pavilion
- Northern Bloom – Canada Pavilion
- Pineapple Promenade – Near Port of Entry
- Primavera Kitchen – Italy Pavilion
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina – Morocco Pavilion
- Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ – Near Disney Traders
Disney is also listing “refreshers” this year. You’ll find the following additional options around EPCOT:
- Funnel Cake – Between The American Adventure Pavilion and Japan Pavilion
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company — Throughout EPCOT
- World Discovery (Near Mission: SPACE): Minty Melon Refresher
- World Showcase (Near Disney Traders): Pink Paradise Refresher
- The American Adventure Pavilion: Wildberry Wonder Refresher
- Near Canada Pavilion: Strawberry Fields Refresher
- Refreshment Outpost — Between the China Pavilion and Germany Pavilion
- Refreshment Port — Near Canada Pavilion
Stating the obvious, you’ll eat well at this year’s Flower & Garden Festival. If you’re curious about what’s best, here’s a DFB video with all the food:
Garden Rocks Concert Series
I posted this once before, but I realize how passionate many of you are about the Garden Rocks concert series. After all, that’s why it often sells out.
So, here is the list of upcoming concerts at America Gardens Theatre:
- Rick Springfield*
- March 6 & 7
- Foreigners Journey
- March 8th to 10
- Melina León* – NEW!
- March 11 & 12
- CeCe Winans* – NEW!
- March 13 & 14
- Hello Sister
- March 15th to 17
- Mike DelGuidice, currently on tour with Billy Joel* – NEW!
- March 18 & 19
- Kool & The Gang* – NEW!
- March 20 & 21
- Glass Ceiling
- March 22nd to 24
- The Orchestra starring former members of ELO*
- March 25th to 28
- March 29th to 31
- The Spinners*
- April 1 & 2
- The Pointer Sisters*
- April 3 & 4
- April 5th to 7
- Blue October* – NEW!
- April 8 & 9
- Don McLean*
- April 10 & 11
- April 12th to 14
- Tommy DeCarlo, singer of the band Boston* – NEW!
- April 15 & 16
- Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles*
- April 17 & 18
- The Hooligans
- April 19th to 21
- STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas*
- April 22 & 23
- Claudia Leitte* – NEW!
- April 24 & 25
- April 26th to 28
- April 29 & 30
- May 1 & 2
- Latin Ambition
- May 3rd to 5
- Blood, Sweat & Tears*
- May 6 & 7
- The Commodores* – NEW!
- May 8 & 9
- The Vybe
- May 10th to 12
- Ambrosia with Peter Beckett* – NEW!
- May 13 & 14
- May 15 & 16
- May 17th to 19
- A Flock of Seagulls*
- May 20 & 21
- Collin Raye* – NEW!
- May 22 & 23
- Country Airwaves
- May 24th to 26
- Thelma Houston* – NEW!
- May 27 & 28
- Little River Band*
- May 29 & 30
- The Hooligans
- May 31st to June 2nd
- Simple Plan*
- June 3rd to 6
- Audio Exchange
- June 7th to 9
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone*
- June 10th to 13
- Latin Ambition
- June 14th to 16
- Plain White T’s*
- June 17th to 20
- June 21st to 23
- June 24 & 25
- Daughtry* – NEW!
- June 26 & 27
- June 28th to 30
- July 1st to 4
Disney is once again selling dining packages for the Friday-Monday performances. You can read the details here.
Overall, the 2022 EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival promises to be the best one since 2019…if not ever!
Disney finally feels like Disney again, and we all appreciate it a bit more after having struggled through the past two years.
Have a wonderful time, my friends!